1. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products to you. We may choose not to accept any orders in our sole discretion. After having received your order, we will send you a confirmation e-mail with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contract of sale between First Alert Canada and First Alert Canada’s duty to full said order will not take place unless and until you have received your order confirmation e-mail. You have the option to cancel your order at any time before we have sent your order confirmation e-mail by calling our Customer Service Department at 905-488-7102. If our Customer Service Department is unable to cancel your order, you may return your order in accordance with Section below.
2. Prices and Payment Terms.
(a) All prices posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. The price charged for a product or service will be the price in effect at the time the order is placed and will be set out in your order confirmation e-mail. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your merchandise total and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation e-mail. We are not responsible for pricing, typographical or other errors in any offer by us, we reserve the right to cancel any orders arising from such errors, and we reserve the right to limit the quantity of any item sold or to refuse a requested order altogether. All prices displayed on this site apply only to the products available on the Web Site and may not necessarily reflect the prices of such products, or similar items, available through retail stores, catalogs or otherwise.
(b) Payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for all purchases. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including all applicable taxes, and shipping charges if any.
3. Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
(a) We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Please check the individual product page for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified during the ordering process.
(b) Title and risk of loss pass to you upon delivery. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
4. Returns and Refunds. Except for any products designated on the Site as non-returnable, we will accept a return of the products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within 30 days of delivery and provided such products are returned in their original condition. To return products, you must follow the directions located in our return and exchange policy
You are responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returned items. You bear the risk of loss during shipment. We therefore strongly recommend that you fully insure your return shipment against loss or damage and that you use a carrier that can provide you with proof of delivery for your protection.
Refunds are processed within approximately ten (10) business days of our receipt of your merchandise. Your refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Site.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. NEITHER ANY PERFORMANCE OR OTHER CONDUCT, NOR ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION, STATEMENT OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY US OR ANY OF OUR SUPPLIERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES WILL CREATE A WARRANTY, OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OR DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE LIMIT THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF ALL IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR LEGAL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
WE WARRANT THAT DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD (AS DEFINED BELOW), THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THE SITE WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CAN ALSO BE FOUND EITHER AT THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT INFORMATION PAGE AS LOCATED ON OUR SITE. OR IN THE DOCUMENTATION WE PROVIDE WITH THE PRODUCTS.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION. SOME PROVINCES AND TERRITORES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXLUSION OF IMPLIED OR LEGAL WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO SOME OR ALL THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS BELOW MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(a) Who May Use This Warranty?
This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of products from the Site. It does not extend to any subsequent or other owner or transferee of the product or any transferee or other beneficiary of the service.
(b) What Does This Warranty Cover?
This limited warranty covers during the Warranty Period (as defined below) defects in materials and workmanship in products purchased from the Site.
(c) What Does This Warranty Not Cover?
This limited warranty does not cover any damages due to:
(iii) improper use;
(iv) failure to follow the product instructions or to perform any preventive maintenance;
(vi) combination or use with any products, materials, processes, systems or other matter not provided or authorized in writing by First Alert Canada;
(vii) unauthorized repair;
(viii) normal wear and tear; or
(ix) external causes such as accidents, abuse, or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control.
(d) What is the Period of Coverage?
This limited warranty starts on the date of your purchase and lasts for the period noted in the warranty language contained in each individual product’s packaging the “Warranty Period”. The Warranty Period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or re-perform a warranted service. We may change the availability of this limited warranty at our discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
(e) What Are Your Remedies Under This Warranty?
With respect to any defective products during the Warranty Period, we will, in our sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace such products (or the defective part) free of charge or (ii) refund the purchase price of such products. We will also pay for shipping and handling fees to return the repaired or replacement product to you if we elect to repair or replace the defective products.
(f) How Do You Obtain Warranty Service?
To obtain warranty service, you must call 905-488-7102 or e-mail our Customer Service Department at email@example.com during the Warranty Period as further detailed in our Warranty policy located in the product manual.
(g) Limitation of Liability
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOLLOWING LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE, NOR WILL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PRODUCTION, WORK, DATA, USE, BUSINESS, GOODWILL, REPUTATION, REVENUE OR PROFIT, ANY DIMINUTION IN VALUE, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS, OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
6. Goods Not for Resale or Export. You agree to comply with all applicable Export Regulations, as defined below. You represent and warrant that you are buying products from the Site for your own personal or household use only, and not for resale or export. Products purchased from the Site may be controlled for export purposes by export regulations, including but not limited to, the Import and Export Permits Act (Canada) and regulations and the Controlled Goods Regulations (Canada) and their successor and supplemental legislation (collectively, “Export Regulations”). To protect our intellectual property rights, suspected resale of our products for personal or business profit is strictly prohibited. Any orders found to have characteristics of reselling will be cancelled. We do not ship to freight forwarders, and orders to such will be canceled. We reserve the right to cancel all subsequent orders from such customers.
7. Intellectual Property Use and Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) BRK Brands, Inc. and the First Alert Trust are and will remain the sole and exclusive owners of all intellectual property rights in and to each product and service made available on this Site and any related specifications, instructions, documentation or other materials, including, but not limited to, all related copyrights, patents, and trademarks and other intellectual property rights, subject only to the limited license granted under the product’s or service’s license agreement. You do not and will not have or acquire any ownership of these intellectual property rights in or to the products made available through this Site, or of any intellectual property rights relating to those products.
(b) Newell Brands and its subsidiaries (“Newell”) retain all rights to its trademarks, trade names, brand names, trade dress and other such intellectual property. All trademarks, service marks, slogans and other product names, graphics, logos, service names and custom icons are included within the intellectual property of Newell and all rights thereto are expressly reserved. Newell’s trademarks and intellectual property may not be used by any third party without the express written permission of the Company and, without limiting the foregoing, may not be used in connection with any product or service or in any manner that is likely to or may dilute the strength of the trademark, disparage or discredit Newell or its products and services, or cause confusion among consumers. Any other trademarks that appear on this Site and are not owned by Newell are the property of their respective owners.
9. Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. (Not applicable to consumers residing in Quebec) To the extent permitted by applicable law, all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
11. Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
12. No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of First Alert (Canada), Inc.
13. No Third Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
(b) To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us as follows: (i) by facsimile transmission to 905-793-9798 or (ii) by personal delivery, overnight courier or registered or certified mail to First Alert (Canada) Inc., 845 Intermodal Drive, Brampton, Ontario, Canada, L6T 0C6. We may update the facsimile number or address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by facsimile transmission or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three business days after they are sent.
(a) To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the e-mail address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by e-mail will be effective when we send the e-mail and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your e-mail address current.
15. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
©2016 First Alert (Canada), Inc. All rights reserved. A subsidiary of Newell Brands, Inc.